Wednesday, February 20, 2013

a letter to "The Sad Clown"

Dear Susie,

As far as your dressing is concerned, I strongly believe that dressing is one of the tools we use for self expression just like art, literature and theater, however very few know how to express themselves in this way- there is no school that can teach you how to dress the way you feel (feel the way you dress-maybe possible).
There are those who dress the way they are told to by the "outsider" and then those who dress the way they please. This in no way means that one who choses to dress the way he/she pleases is ignorant about the "outsider", rather IMO those who have the courage to stand out from the crowd and show everyone a different view of the world are a lot more fascinating and interesting to listen to compared to those who follow the heard in "uniform of a sleek black blazer" - (btw I plead guilty but no shame in saying so because I feel black blazers look damn sexy). There is no right or wrong way of dressing, and MOST certainly no reason to feel embraced about feeling good about yourself (I mean spa and retail therapy are socially accepted concepts for heavens sake, then why not narcissism?) and if having a lot to say and being creative translates into being labelled a clown then in Shakespearse's words “Better a witty fool, than a foolish wit.” 

Where blogging is concerned, I've very recently started and am no professional (and Style Bubble was a huge source of inspiration when I did decide to start), I write because I'd like to share my opinion on what I see around me- if my opinions are recognised and respected in the process it would be like icing on cake. But the recognition is not my goal, my goal is to simply narrate my thoughts and opinions. Maybe I'm an idealist when I say this but whether a "professional journalist" gets a pay check for their words or a "blogger" gifts, it doesn't or at least shouldn't make a difference to the reader, the content in a publication or blog can not be valued based on how the writer is benefiting. The worth lies in the product, the brand, or the presentation of the combination of both- which is where publications and blogs come in. Just like traditionally owning a brick-N-mortar was enough for any designer or brand to sell their products but now without online presence your only running half your capacity, similarly publications and blogs are complimentary to each other as opposed to being rivals.

At the end of the day Fashion / Style / Trends / Fads are all expressions of the world around the individual, If everyone was the same- it would be a mighty boring world to live in.

So I thank you for entertaining and inspiring me and others like me who admire not only your creativity but also your courage to freely express the way you view this world. And most importantly Sharing it with us! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment