Monday, February 18, 2013

Indonesia Fashion Week

This week saw the second Indonesia Fashion Week 2013 themed "Inspiring Indonesia"hosted @Jakarta Convention Center. A Grand Affair with 442 exhibition booths, 168 designers and 585 brands all under one roof had me amazed. When a friend invited me to accompany her to this event I was excited yet skeptical about the Indonesian fashion standards, however the visit was full of pleasant surprises. Very professional from the entrance to the exhibitions to the fashion show considering the fact that this was IFW's second year, I'd say quite impressive.

We got to see a few amazing local established and fresh talents along side international designers like Addy van dem Krommenacker from the Netherlands and Samuel Cirnansk from Brazil. What caught my attention the most was the blend of traditional textiles and techniques with modern trends- confidently up to international standards. 

It was definitely an experience I would recommend to all fashion and textile enthusiasts and am eagerly awaiting to see what IFW 2014 has in store for us.



Top Left: with Paco De Jaimes, Chairman of World Fashion Week,
Top Right: with International designers creations,
Bottom Right: Amy and I posing for the audience on stage,
Bottom Left: and one for the drama queen image.

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment